(Formerly Learn by Drinking: Argentina)
This course is a guided tasting tour of Argentina's wine country.
We'll be tasting 6 wines, including the region's top styles of Malbec, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir, Bonarda, Chardonnay, and Torrontés while we learn how to taste quality.. and where to find it!
Take this course at your own pace and enjoy approximately 2 hours of instructional video content by Madeline Puckette.
This course will give you the change to prove your knowledge with the 35 question Wine Folly Certificate Exam.
The tasting course for exploring the world of wine
- Know how to identify great quality and age-worthiness in Argentina wines.
- Feel knowledgable about the region and gain an expert's point of view.
- Associate wine flavors with the variety, winemaking method, and regional terroir.
- Expand your palate and taste wine like a pro, with a pro.
The companion to The Argentina Region Guide
Argentina 101 is the companion course to the Argentina Region Guide – the online knowledge base to all things Argentina wine. This course is a guided tasting tour of the region where we get to tie together concepts of taste, flavor, winemaking, and terroir.
Wines are not included with the purchase price of this course. However, tasting is encouraged! Here are the six regional wines we'll be tasting in the course:
- Malbec from Lujan de Cuyo
Cabernet Sauvignon from Tupungato
- Bonarda from Mendoza
- Chardonnay from Uco Valley
- Pinot Noir from Patagonia
- Torrontés from Salta
Who Made The Courses?
Meet your guide.
Madeline Puckette is a winner of the International Wine and Spirit Competition “Wine Communicator of the Year,” a James Beard award-winning author, and 10+ year certified sommelier in the wine trade.
What’s makes her the right guide? Puckette is known for her entertaining, interesting, and most importantly, helpful educational content. It all starts with you, the wine drinker.
Who is This Course For?
- People who want to learn about wine. (No prior wine knowledge necessary.)
- Beginners and intermediate wine drinkers who need a solid foundation to build upon.
- People who’ve heard the terms “tannins,” “balance,” “age-worthy,” “structured,” “closed,” “QPR,” “bright,” and “flabby” and wondered what they mean.
- Professionals who want to feel at ease wining and dining with important clients.
- People capable of taking notes, slowing down their wine consumption in order to think, and applying the concepts and tools in this course.
- Those who work in hospitality looking to increase their tips and overall professional experience.
- Individuals and small groups who love food, wine, and culture.
- You can take this course anywhere in the world!