Learn by Drinking: Napa Valley
Let's explore the best wines of Napa Valley and learn how to find great quality.
In this course, we'll be tasting 6 wines, including the region's top styles of Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Merlot, Zinfandel, and a Sauvignon Blanc Blend. This course is designed to give you deep insight into Napa Valley: its history and its wines.
The video series features approximately 2 hours of instructional video content by Madeline Puckette.
This course aims to help you:
- Know how to identify quality and age-worthiness in Napa Valley Cabernet and others.
- Learn the different appellations of Napa Valley and what to look for.
- Associate wine flavors with the variety, winemaking method, and regional terroir.
- Expand your palate and taste wine like a pro, with a pro.
The companion to The Napa Valley Region Guide
Learn by Drinking is the companion course to the Napa Valley Region Guide – the online knowledge base to all things Napa Valley wine. This course is a guided tasting tour of the region where we get to tie together concepts of taste, flavor, winemaking, and terroir.
Wines are not included with the purchase price of this course. However, tasting is encouraged! Here are the six regional wines we'll be tasting in the course:
- Cabernet Sauvignon from Napa Valley
- Cabernet Sauvignon from Howell Mountain
- Merlot from Coombsville
- Chardonnay from Napa Valley
- Zinfandel from Napa Valley
- White Meritage (Sauvignon Blanc - Sémillon) from Napa Valley
Who Made The Learn by Drinking Courses?
Meet your guide.
Madeline Puckette is a winner of the International Wine and Spirit Competition “Wine Communicator of the Year,” a James Beard award-winning author, and 10+ year certified sommelier in the wine trade.
What’s makes her the right guide? Puckette is known for her entertaining, interesting, and most importantly, helpful educational content. It all starts with you, the wine drinker.
Who is This Course For?
- People who want to learn about wine. (No prior wine knowledge necessary.)
- Anyone looking for a deep dive into the famous Napa Valley and its wines.
- Professionals who want to feel at ease wining and dining with important clients.
- People capable of taking notes, slowing down their wine consumption in order to think, and applying the concepts and tools in this course.
- Those who work in hospitality who want to understand what fuels the magic of Napa Valley.
- Individuals and small groups who love food, wine, and culture.
- You can take this course anywhere in the world! (course includes guidance on sourcing your own wines).
Optional Course Wine Purchase (US Residents):
For a limited time you can purchase the very same wines that Madeline is tasting in this course!
Purchase the wines featured in this course - while supplies last! We've partnered with Wine Access to deliver six Napa wines.
Act soon–supplies are limited because wines are limited.